Welcome to Maine Revenue Services!
What's New at MRS?
This site was created to give you easy, convenient access to Maine tax information whenever you need it. As you browse through our homepage, you will find we have grouped the bureau information by tax divisions. Although each division has unique duties in the services and information it provides to the citizens of Maine, they all share the Department's goal of ensuring efficient administration of tax laws and providing quality taxpayer assistance.
Note: PDF format requires the free Adobe Reader to view.
- Maine FastFile
- Click here to view information regarding the sales tax increase and other legislative changes affecting sales, fuel and other special taxes.
- The Maine Residents Property Tax and Rent Refund “Circuitbreaker” Program has been repealed as part of the enacted state budget for claims beginning on or after August 1, 2013. The Circuitbreaker Program has been replaced by a refundable Property Tax Fairness Credit that can be claimed on the Maine Individual Income Tax Form. For more information, click here.
- I-File Your Return (Sales Tax, Individual Income Tax Return and Payroll Taxes)
- 2012 Individual Income Tax Forms
- Maine EZ Pay
- Where's My Refund?
- 1040ES-ME vouchers and instructions for estimated tax payments
- 1040EXT-ME extension payment voucher for 2012
- 2013 Legislative Changes (pdf version)
- Guidance Document on Sale of Publications
- Further Guidance Document on Sale of Publications
- Jerome D. Gerard
We are constantly looking to improve our site and service. Share your ideas with us by visiting the Contact Us page.