|Carleton Barnes, Jr.||Manager||Wesserunsett Consulting, LLC||Calais|
|Douglas Beaulieu||County Administrator||Aroostook County||Caribou|
|Randall Liberty||Sheriff||Kennebec County||Augusta|
|Amy Fowler||County Commissioner||Waldo County||Palermo|
|Mary Louise McEwen||Superintendent||Riverview Psychiatric Center||Augusta|
|Joseph Ponte||Commissioner||Maine Department of Corrections||Augusta|
|Stuart Smith||Selectman||Town of Edgecomb||Edgecomb|
|Mark Westrum*||Correctional Administrator||Two Bridges Regional Jail||Wiscasset|
|Ryan Thornell||Executive Director||State Board of Corrections||Augusta|
|Diana Youngblood||Financial Analyst||State Board of Corrections||Augusta|
|Jane Tower||Executive Associate||Maine Department of Corrections||Augusta|
* Chair of the Board
Composition of the State Board of Corrections
The board consists of 9 members who are appointed by the Governor. Each appointment is subject to review by the joint standing committee of the Legislature having jurisdiction over criminal justice and public safety matters and to confirmation by the Senate, except those members appointed pursuant to paragraph C. The following provisions govern member qualifications:
- One member must be a sitting sheriff selected from a list of 3 nominations submitted to the Governor by a statewide organization representing sheriffs;
- One member must be a sitting county commissioner selected from a list of 3 nominations submitted to the Governor by a statewide organization representing county commissioners;
- Two members must be representatives of the executive branch and at least one of the 2 must be from the department;
- One member must be a municipal official selected from a list of 3 nominations submitted to the Governor by a statewide organization representing elected and appointed municipal officers and officials; and
- The remaining 4 members must be broadly representative of
the public and the geographical regions of the State.
One of the 4 members appointed under this paragraph must be selected from a list of 3 nominations submitted to the Governor by a statewide organization representing county commissioners.
A public member appointed under this paragraph may not be an elected state or county official or municipal officer and may not derive income in substantial portion from work as an employee of a state, county or municipal government or in the field of corrections.