Home → > Inmate Phone Services
New Maine Department of Corrections Client Phone System
What is the new Client Phone System (CPS)?
- Flat rate for Debit CPS calls: 30 cents per minute from any DOC facility to anywhere in North America; with no connect fee! (Rates table)
- Multiple levels of security, ensuring each client's money is used for his/her calls
- The client’s telephone funds and allowed calling list automatically follow the Client on transfers between DOC facilities
- Family & friends can purchase minutes for clients
- Telephone funds directly deposited to the Telephone Account are exempt from restitution or other obligation deductions
- International calls are permitted for debit calls; unavailable for collect calls
- Debit CPS System owned and operated by the DOC
NOTE : Collect calling is no longer necessary, but is still available through a third party with connect fees and higher rates.
When will it be in use?
The new phone system is now operational at all facilities.
Depositing to a Debit CPS Account
There are currently two (2) ways to deposit funds in a Debit CPS Account:
- Friends and family may send a personal check or money
order to a Client
- Clearly mark “Telephone Account” on the check
- Do not combine funds for the Debit CPS Account and the Trust Account in a single check
- The check amount is converted to minutes and placed in the Client’s Phone Account
- These funds are exempt from the normal obligation deductions (NOTE: Funds remaining in the Debit CPS Account upon Client release are subject to these deductions.)
- Clients may request a transfer of funds from their Trust Accounts to their Debit CPS Account (NOTE: Remember, these funds have already had appropriate obligation deductions deducted when originally deposited in the Trust Account.)
NOTE : Soon friends and family will be able to deposit funds to a Client’s Debit CPS Account and Trust Account online via the www.Maine.gov website.
Friends and Family - What to do now
- To request a refund of any unused portion from CBS call (800) 844-6591 or visit their website: www.correctionalbillingservices.com
The Called Party Experience
- When the receiver is picked up, a recording will be played indicating that the call is from a correctional facility, the Client’s name, and that the call is subject to monitoring and recording (for adult callers only)
- When prompted, dial “0” to accept the call (for
collect calls, dialing “0” also implies you are
accepting the charges); to decline the call, simply hang up