VICTIMS OF CRIME ARE ENTITLED TO THESE BASIC RIGHTS
- To be treated with dignity and respect
- To be assisted by criminal justice agencies
- To be free from intimidation
- To be informed about the criminal justice system
- Whenever practicable, to be notified of plea agreements, and the right to comment on them.
- Whenever practicable, to be notified of all judicial proceedings, including time and place of trial.
- To have input at sentencing
- To request restitution
- To request compensation from the Victim compensation Board for unreimbursed medical and medically-related expenses for victims of violent crime
- To be notified of an offender's release from institutional confinement in all felony cases
- To be provided with a pamphlet containing certain statutes which pertain to victim's rights
Victim Witness Services (.pdf) This brochure provides additional information about assistance available to victims, as well as phone numbers for state and national resources. You will need the free Adobe Reader to open it.