Home → > Victim Services
PROVIDED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS TO VICTIMS OF CRIME
Tessa Mosher, DIRECTOR OF VICTIMS SERVICES
INFORMATIONA toll-free number (800) 968-6909 has been established by the Department of Corrections for victims of crimes. Information that can be accessed through this number includes:
- Sentencing Information
- Anticipated Date of Release
- Place of Confinement
- Restitution Status
The victim notification law applies to victims of murder or of a Class A, B, or C crimes, or of a Class D crime under chapters 9, 11, and 12. A victim who wishes to receive notification MUST file a request with the office of the prosecuting attorney. A victim's request is kept confidential. The victim will be notified PRIOR to work release, furlough, or release from confinement.
You can now submit your request for notification online.
Victim services can provide assistance in cases of harassment if a person in the custody or under the supervision of the Department of Corrections engages in any course of conduct with the intent to harass, torment or threaten another person. Please contact Victim Services at 800-968-6909.
- Adult Prisoner & Probationer Search Service
- Address Confidentiality Program for Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking
- A Guide to Protection from Abuse and Harassment Actions
- Guide to Small Claims Proceedings in the District Court
- Victims' Compensation - The Maine Victims' Compensation Program in the Office of the Attorney General may be able to help. This link will take you to additional information on the Attorney General's website.
- Certified Batterer Intervention Programs
- Sex Offender Treatment Providers
- Maine Coalition to End Domestic Violence
- Maine Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Maine Victim Witness Association
- State Child Abuse and Neglect Councils of Maine
- National Association of Victim Services Professionals in Corrections