Visiting a Resident at the Women’s Reentry Center
SMRC visit hours:
Saturday and Sunday: 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Please Note: Only persons pre-approved for visits are allowed to participate in visiting hours. Applications are available from the resident you will be visiting or from the Department of Corrections web site. Please make sure it has been processed and returned with approval. This process can take up to six weeks. http://www.maine.gov/corrections/
- All Visitors need identification for all visits. A State of Maine issued picture identification is required.
- Residents are allowed no more than four approved visitors unless prior approval has been set up with the UNIT MANAGER.
- Visitors call Monday-Friday between 12-4 to set up visitation. Please call 207-490-5205.
- Residents must be in view of the Officers at all times, eithr personally or by camera.
- No animals of any kind are allowed in the facility. All visitors must leave pets at home.
- Leave all personal items in your car. No cameras, cell phones, purses, other bags are allowed in the facility. Please seucre them in your vehicle. Keys must be left at the officers desk.
- Nothing will be passed between the visitor and resident.
- No movement to the residents room is allowed for any reason.
- No tobacco products or lighters of any kind are allowed in with visitors. No smoking is allowed during visits.
- Absolutely no energy drinks of any kind (any brand) are allowed in the facility.
- Visits are scheduled on saturday & Sunday 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- All Visitors are subject to search.
- Visitors need to leave their coats on the hooks in the hall way.
Allowable Food Items:
- Homemade meal, store bought, or fast food allowed.
- One liter of soda for 1-2 visitors, two liters for 3-4 visitors is allowed. Must be a plastic bottle, no glass or cans are allowed. All soda MUST BE SEALED it can't be opened at all.
- No Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, coffee, or fountain drinks of any kind.
- One dessert to share.
- One small bag of candy to share.
- No individual packets of anything are allowed ie: cocoa, coffee, sugar, creamer, or crystal lite, again, NO UNSEALED DRINKS.
- All left over food needs to be taken out of the facility at the end of the visit. If any items are found in resident rooms it will be confiscated. The resident will be disciplined and will lose visits for an undetermined amount of time.
- Please bring all paper goods, plactic forks, plastic forks knives and spoons, napkings, plates, bowles etc. We do not supply for visits.