Home → Frequently Asked Questions
Restitution and/or Supervision Fee Payments
Only the following forms of payment will be accepted for Restitution and Supervision Fees:
- A certified bank or cashier check. These may be obtained at any bank, or credit union. You must ask them for a cashier check/treasurer's check, NOT a bank money order. The bank check should be made payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine.
- A U.S. Postal Service Money Order. These may be obtained at any U.S. Post Office. Postal money orders should be made payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine.
- Credit Cards. Credit card payments may only be made in person. Payments may be made at Regional Probation offices or at the Department of Corrections’ Central Administrative Office. The card holder must be present with a valid form of identification.
~ ABSOLUTELY NO CASH ACCEPTED ~
The Central Administrative office is located on the AMHI Complex, off Hospital Street (25 Tyson Drive) in Augusta. The office is located in the Tyson Building, on the 3rd floor. See the receptionist and let her know the purpose of your visit.
Any payment that does not meet one of the
standards outlined above
will be returned to you.
When sending payments in by mail please follow these guidelines:
- All payments should be made payable to: Treasurer, State of Maine.
- All payments should be sent to:
Department of Corrections
111 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04330-0111
Attn: Finance Division
- All payments must include the purpose of the payment (Restitution, Supervision Fee, Drug Testing, etc.).
- Restitution payments must be on a separate check and not included with any fees payment.
- Along with your name, all payments must include one or more of the following types of information to properly identify who the payment is for (MDOC#, Date of Birth, docket #, Probation Officer, etc.) If this information is not included with your payment, you may not be properly credited for your payment and/or your payment may be returned to you if it cannot be identified.
***Receipts will be sent only if requested.***
Thank you for your cooperation.