Farmland Protection Program
There are many ways that farmland owners and their communities can protect farmland.
- Farmland owners can voluntarily enroll in Maine's Farmland Property Tax Program.
- Farm and woodland owners can voluntarily enroll in Maine's Tree Growth Property Tax Program.
- Farmland owners can register their farm.
- Farmland owners can donate or sell a conservation easement to a land trust.
- Contact Maine Farmland Trust (http://www.mainefarmlandtrust.org/)
- Find a land trust near you through the Maine Land Trust Network (http://www.mltn.org/search.php)
- Contact Farmland Protection Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org (207) 287-7520 to learn more about selling development rights in exchange for granting an agricultural conservation easement.
- Communities can create a Voluntary Municipal Farm Support Program
- Communities can develop agriculture-friendly policies and programs
For more information, please contact Farmland Protection Specialist, email@example.com (207) 287-7520