WoodsWISE: Woods Wise Incentives to Stewardship Enhancement
Welcome to WoodsWISE, the Maine brand of Stewardship. Taking care of our woodlands is extremely important to the economy and well-being of our state. A key element of woodland stewardship is working with a professional forester to develop a management plan. The WoodsWISE Incentives program currently offers cost-share assistance for forest management planning known as a Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP). A WRAP will provide a good description of the current and potential values of your woodland, and a blueprint of activities to reach your objectives to maintain and improve your woods.
For more information, contact the Maine Forest Service’s Landowner Outreach Forester at (207) 287-8430, or a District Forester.
Some Useful Links:
- Maine Data Checker
- Woodland Resource Action Plan (WRAP) Application
- Find your local District Forester
- View a list of private consulting foresters eligible to prepare WRAPs (pdf) | Text-version
- Presumpscot River Watershed Project - Priority WoodsWISE Plan Information
An incentives program for Maine’s small family forests
WoodsWISE implements portions of the Forest Stewardship Program with funding and other support provided by the USDA Forest Service.
Project Assistance Information FOR NRCS ASSIGNED CONTRACTS
The files below are PDF files which require the free Adobe Reader.
- Steps to Implement NRCS Project Assistance for assigned forestry contracts (PDF)
- Project Assistance Agreement (PDF)
- Project Assistance - Claim for Payment (PDF)
- Project Assistance - Affidavit (PDF)
- Elements of Design/Project Plan (PDF)
- NRCS Technical Assistance Not-to-Exceed Rates (PDF)
- MFS policy for Project Assistance (PDF)