New Grant Round Announced: "Grants for Local and Regional Projects Along the Maine Coast"
The Municipal Planning Assistance Program and Maine Coastal Program are seeking applications for a new round of coastal grants for FY 2015 totaling $265,000. Two types of grants are covered by this announcement: Coastal Communities Grants, and Shore and Harbor Planning Grants. Both types of grants are for municipal and regional projects in Maine’s Coastal Zone.
Those eligible to apply include municipalities in Maine's coastal zone, groups of municipalities in Maine’s coastal zone, coastal Regional Planning Commissions; and coastal Councils of Government.
The MCP plans to allocate funds as follows:
Shore and Harbor
At least 25% of the funds available for Coastal Communities Grants are expected to be allocated to adaptation planning for projects which have a primary focus on preparing for coastal storms, erosion and flooding, and coastal hazards.
Applications for both types of grants are due Tuesday, July 1st.
For full details, see the Maine Coastal Program FY15 Grant Program Statement and the Coastal Communities Grant task spreadsheet.
NEW! Summary of Questions and Answers regarding they FY15 Coastal Community Grant Program
For additional information, see our summary of questions and responses concerning the FY15 Coastal Community grant program.
Past Coastal Community Grant Projects
Learn more about projects that have been funded throught the Coastal Communites Grant Program over the years.
Maine's Community Planning & Investment Program grants have been suspended due to state budget cuts
These include first-time comprehensive planning grants, implementation grants, and update grants.
- Maine DEP Brownfields Resources, including the Voluntary Remediation Action Program
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfields Funding Program and Funding Opportunities
- EPA Region 1 (New England) Brownfields Program and Funding Opportunities
Additional Federal & State Funding Opportunities
- Catalog of Federal Funding Sources for Watershed Protection U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Community Development Block Grant Program Maine's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program provides funding and technical support for projects that achieve local community and economic development objectives while principally benefiting low-moderate income persons. These grants are administered by the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development.
- Maine Safe Routes to School Program A matching grant program to improve safety for Maine children who bike or walk to school. Typical improvements include sidewalks, multi-use paths, crosswalks and traffic signals designed to separate children from vehicular traffic in school areas. The program is open to all Maine municipalities and school districts. These grants are administered by the Maine Department of Transportation.
- Maine Coastal Program
- Maine Code Enforcement and Training Certification
- Maine Municipal Association
- Maine Association of Planners
- Northern New England Chapter of the American Planning Association
Municipal Planning Assistance Program
22 SHS/Harlow Bldg
Augusta, Maine 04333-0022