Geocaching Challenge – there is more fun for everyone at Maine State Parks!
Discover 8 geocaches as you explore Maine’s spectacular State Parks and Historic Sites. From historic forts to our deepest wilderness, the Maine State Parks GeoTour offers something for everyone!
HOW TO PLAY:
- Use your existing Passport or Obtain a Maine State Parks Passport from any Maine State Park or Historic Site
- Go to www.geocaching.com to create your login.
- Download the GPS coordinates to your GPS unit or mobile device at www.geocaching.com/adventures/geotours/maine-state-parks
- Using the coordinates, find as many Maine State Parks geocaches (during normal park hours) as you can! The hidden, water-tight containers will be clearly marked as official Maine State Parks Geocaches.
Hint: caches are only located at the following Maine State Parks:
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway
- Aroostook State Park
- Cobscook Bay State Park
- Colburn House State Historic Site
- Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site
- Mount Blue State Park
- Vaughan Woods Memorial State Park
- Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park
- Sign the logbook inside each container, and stamp your passport with the unique stamp from that park’s geocache.
- For more information about the Maine State Parks GeoTour go to: