Community Leader Host Sites
Maine federal, state or non-profit organizations may apply to be a host site for our highly trained Veteran Community Leaders. Upon graduation from our 11-week training course they have the skills necessary to:
- Create new trails and rehabilitate existing trails
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to create and improve recreational trail systems with a focus on recruiting and training other veterans as community volunteers
- Establish a sustainable, dedicated community volunteer base
- Develop plans for future conservation projects
Term of Service
- Full Term of Service
- Approximately 10 months; a minimum of 1700 hours.
- Mid-January through November
- Shortened Term of Service
- Open and ends on a rolling basis depending on host site needs.
To Apply for Host Sites status
- FAQs on Veterans and AmeriCorps - (Word 31KB)
- Then contact us for a Host Site Short Form and Request For Projects Form.
Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333