Community Leader Positions
NOTE - This position has been approved for the use of GI Bill benefits.
2015 positions start January 6, 2015 to November 3, 2015.
Application deadline is November 14, 2014.
MCC accepts applications year-round. They are considered for the next open term of service after receipt. To read the PDF files on this page you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software.
Receive an 11-week training session then upon successful graduation are placed with Maine federal, state or non-profit organizations with all the skills needed to:
- Create new trails and rehabilitate exist
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to create and improve recreational trail systems with a focus on recruiting and training other veterans as community volunteers
- Establish a sustainable, dedicated community volunteer base
- Develop plans for future conservation projects
Term of Service
- Full Term of Service
- Approximately 10 months; a minimum of 1700 hours
- Mid-January through November
- Shortened Term of Service
- Open and ends on a rolling basis depending on host site needs
- FAQs on Veterans and AmeriCorps (Word 31 KB)
- 2015 Opportunities Community Leaders Positions (PDF 69 KB)
Apply Now - Register & Apply Using AmeriCorps Application
For further information on the application process contact:
Maine Conservation Corps
124 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
(207) 624-6085 or 1-800-245-5627 (Toll Free in Maine)