Land and Water Conservation Fund
Grant funded recreation area
The Land and Water Conservation Fund Act of 1964 (LWCF) was established to assist federal, state and local governments in the acquisition and/or development of public outdoor recreation facilities. Administered at the federal level by the National Park Service and at the state level by the Bureau of Parks and Lands in the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, LWCF grants can provide up to 50% of the allowable costs for approved acquisition or development projects.
The 2014 application is now available
The application manual, available below, is intended to provide general information about the Land and Water Conservation Fund program, including the steps a potential sponsor must take to apply. A municipal agency that is interested in submitting a proposal should contact the Grants and Community Recreation Program at the address below for assistance and guidance in the application process.
Grants and Community Recreation
Bureau of Parks and Lands
124 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333
Doug Beck, Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
E-mail address: Doug.Beck@maine.gov
Application Forms & Downloads
This application manual should be retained in the sponsoring agency's project file following the submission of an application. Contents include information and directions regarding future actions that must be taken if the application receives preliminary state approval.
To read the PDF files you will need a copy of the free Adobe Reader software.
- Application (Word 3.14MB)
- Pre-Inspection Form (PDF 28KB)
- Appraisal Information (PDF 15KB)
- Open Project Selection Process (OPSP) (PDF 111KB)
- Sample Project Agreement (PDF 42KB)
- Sample Transmittal Letter (PDF 14KB)
- Warrant Articles/Project Certification (PDF 21KB)
- Standard Form 424C & Instructions (PDF 95KB)
- Sample Maps (PDF 171KB)
- Sample Cost Estimates (PDF 27KB)
- Project Description & Environmental Form (PDF 241KB)
- Certificate Regarding Disbarment, etc. (PDF 14KB)
- Construction & Non-construction Assurances (PDF 35KB)
- Civil Rights Assurances (PDF 22KB)
- Sample Joint School Use Agreement (PDF 22KB)
- Description and Notification Form (Word 115KB)
- Standard Form 424 & Instructions (PDF 274KB)