Group Exemption Pass
The Group Exemption Pass - Camping or Day-use
- Issued to Maine group homes/residences only, not to individual members.
- Intended to provide organized outings for groups of disadvantaged or disabled clients and accompanying support staff - not individual members, staff only, or family members of staff.
- Groups are encouraged to call ahead of a planned visit to ensure adequate space and parking.
- Issued for the current calendar year only; it must be renewed by reapplication each year.
- Applications are accepted March 1 - June 30.
- Valid weekdays only (excluding the 4th of July) during the months of June, July, and August, and the Memorial Day and Labor Day Holiday weekends.
- Original pass must be shown at park entry; photocopies of passes are not accepted.
- May not be used for staff-only or staff and family outings.
- A group that arrives in multiple vehicles may use one pass however they must arrive at the same time unless specific prior arrangements have been made with the park staff.
- Reservation fees are not waived, such as for Group Picnic Areas, facility rentals, and Group Camping.
Call or write for an application packet:
NOTE: Applications are only accepted March 1 - June 30.
Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands
ATTN: Charlene Daniels, Group Exemptions Program Coordinator
22 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0022