Community Recreation Map
Interactive Google Earth Map
The Grants and Community Recreation Program, in addition to its responsibilities regarding federal and state grant programs, serves as a resource for Maine cities and towns in matters related to community recreation. Information is available on organization and structure of municipal parks and recreation boards, recreation programming, and facility development. Bureau personnel also serve as liaison with the Maine Recreation & Park Association, the National Recreation and Park Association, and regional parks and recreation organizations.
The data may take a few seconds to load depending on your connection speed.
- LWCF = Land and Water Conservation Fund
- RTP = Recreational Trails Program
- USGS = United States Geological Survey
- NAIP = National Agriculture Imagery Program, 06=2006, 07=2007, 09=2009
Notes about using this Google Application:
- Visit the Google Earth Help Center for understanding of Google Earth and its abilities and limitations. This Google Earth link will help you download install or update the software on your PC. For full functionality please use the most updated version available.
- Once you have launched the Google Earth application you can choose map layer options from the menu at the left and you can obtain information on each property.
The Maine DACF is only providing this data to be used in the Google Earth application on the user's computer. We are not responsible for installing or maintaining Google Earth software products.
- The Google Earth imagery dates provided do not necessarily represent the date the image was captured but show the date the imagery was processed and deployed.
- This data is for visual representation only and may not contain all data that is available by contacting the DACF directly.
- All information depicted is as accurate as available data allows.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions feel free to contact us.
Outdoor Recreation Supervisor
Grants and Community Recreation
Bureau of Parks and Lands
124 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333
Fax: (207) 287-3823