Public Boat Launches
Links to additional information regarding State Sponsored and Assisted Public Boat Access Sites are listed below. The predefined lists are sorted by the most common search parameters. This site information is also available by selecting our Google Earth files. Accessibility - the Google Earth maps are a visual tool. The same site data available in our Google Earth maps can be reviewed by visiting the Site List links below.
Some inland water bodies have restrictions on type of water craft allowed or motor size. Please visit the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife for a list of motor restrictions on Maine inland water bodies.
The Division of Parks & Public Lands provides the following information to assist water craft operators interested in using public boat facilities. We have attempted to confirm the accuracy of the information provided.
If you find a site does not meet your expectations, please call Boating Facilities at (207) 287-4952.
- Lake and River Protection Sticker
- Boating Facility Identification
- Boating Facilities Surveys
- Boating Facilities Grants
- Maine Public Boating Facilities on Google Earth maps
- Maine Inland Lake Navigational Aids on Google Earth
- Our Google Earth User Guide (Boat Sites)
- What Have We Done For You Lately?
- Strategic Plan
- Maine Lake Ice Out 2013