School IPM—Training and Events
- On this page: Mandatory Training for IPM Coordinators | Presentations | How-To Videos | Webinar Archive
Need solutions to your pest problems? View one of the webinars or videos or plan to attend one of the workshops listed below to find out how to use IPM in your schools to protect students, staff, and school properties from pest damage, reduce pesticide risk, and comply with state regulations.
Can’t make it to one of these workshops, or is nothing listed below? We make house calls too! Contact Kathy Murray at email@example.com or 287-7616 to schedule a free workshop at your school district.
IPM Coordinators are required to complete the Initial Training Module and attend a Comprehensive Training workshop and must earn 1 hour of Continuing Education credit per year:
- Initial Training Module [PDF or PowerPoint Show] within one month of appointment
- Comprehensive Training—attend one workshop within 12 months of appointment
|February 17, 2015||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Comprehensive School IPM Workshop Newport|
|February 18, 2015||9:00 am-12:00 pm||Comprehensive School IPM Workshop Biddeford|
|April 22, 2015||12:30 pm-3:30 pm||Comprehensive School IPM Workshop Millinocket|
|April 23, 2015||8:00 am-11:00 am||Comprehensive School IPM Training Workshop - Houlton|
|June 23-24, 2015||TBA||Comprehensive School IPM Training offered at the EPMA annual conference, Colby College, Waterville.|
- Earn 1 Hour of Continuing Education Annually:
- Attend one of the Comprehensive IPM Workshops above. Participate in the entire workshop or come for one hour to receive 1 hour of Continuing Education credit.
Participate in a webinar or other training related to environmental health, pest prevention and management, or building and grounds maintenance offered by a reliable organization. Many vendors, agencies, and organizations offer good training. Some archived webinars are linked below. Anytime you join a webinar, attend a conference, or get on-site training, keep a record of your participation in your Pest Management Activity Log.
- FOR REFERENCE ONLY (these do not substitute for participation in comprehensive training workshop) Presentations for the Comprehensive Training Program
- Ants, Mice, Bed Bugs and Other Critters: Solutions to Common and Challenging Pests [PDF or PPT]
- Got Pests? Maintenance Solutions to Pest Problems [PDF or PPT]
- One-Minute Training Videos: The School IPM Minute
- 28-Minute Video: How to Conduct IPM in Schools (University of Nebraska)
- University of California:
- American Center for Educational Facilities Videos
- Effective and Efficient School Facilities Maintenance--IPM
- Defining Clean in School Facilities--Impact on Students
- School Walkthrough Series: Identifying and Solving Common Indoor Air Problems Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4, Chapter 5, Chapter 6, Chapter 7
School IPM Basics, Keeping Rodents Out, Dealing with Bedbugs, Tick Safe Schools, Managing Mosquitoes and more. (US EPA)
IPM and Asthma, Advanced IPM Techniques (GreenShield Certified program)
(US EPA SHIELDS Network)
Includes assessment guides, job checklists and staff training videos on pest management, cleaning, mold, PCBs, mercury, and more presented by school facilities staff and other experts from around the U.S.