Home → About DECD
“Maine is at an exciting crossroads, transitioning from a traditional natural resource and manufacturing-based industries to a knowledge-based economy. DECD offers valuable tools to help your organization become part of that transition and is dedicated to positioning Maine for growth in a global economy while sustaining our way of life.”- Commissioner George Gervais
- George C. Gervais, Commissioner
- Denise Garland, Deputy Commissioner, Denise.Garland@maine.gov
- Brian Whitney, Director of Business Development and Innovation, Brian.Whitney@maine.gov
- Carolann Ouellette, Director of Tourism and Film, Carolann.Ouellette@maine.gov
- Deborah Johnson, Director of Community Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Santini-Smith, Director of Tax Incentive Programs, Laura.Santini-Smith@maine.gov
- Janine Bisaillon-Cary, President of the Maine International Trade Center, email@example.com
- Brian Whitney, Acting Director of the Maine Technology Institute, Brian.Whitney@maine.gov
- Doug Ray, Legislative Liaison / Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Funding. Community Development. Tourism & Film. Maine Branding. International Trade.
At DECD, we are more than two dozen experts whose broad mission is to help communities and businesses prosper through a variety of programs providing everything from targeted tax relief to community block grants to tourism marketing. Whether your business wants to make a film here, bring a Maine-made product to market, expand an aquaculture project, or explore financing when moving a business to our state, our experienced staff can help.
DECD and its partners show companies how to benefit from millions of dollars in tax credits, reimbursements, R & D credits, capital loans, even direct investment. Every year, we help Maine communities attract jobs and grow their infrastructure with unique financing programs.