City of Brewer
Progressive. Creative. Forward-thinking. Resourceful.
Here in Brewer, our approach to Economic Development is anything but business as usual.
We start with a team approach to helping businesses. We bring all the necessary parties to the table to help ensure that your experience in Brewer is seamless and straightforward. Our City Manager and City Councilors understand that meeting the needs of our local businesses is a top priority and critical to the success of our City.
We are proud to have a diversified portfolio of businesses along with a skilled workforce and a balanced economy. Not only do we have the needs of our businesses covered, we're always looking out for the best interests of our residents.
We treat each Brewer business like its our own business, and were passionate about making sure our businesses succeed. Whether youre an aspiring entrepreneur just starting out, a mature company continuing its legacy, or anything in between, come see why Brewer means Business.
We are a City on the Move. Come See What We're All About!
Brewer at a Glance...
- Pro-business climate - recognized as one of the first Business-Friendly communities by the State of Maine
- Stable tax base more than 14% drop in property tax rate over the last decade
- Streamlined planning and permitting process we offer personalized attention and a customized approach to every business venture
- Access to higher education; six institutions of higher learning within 15 minutes of Brewer
- Brewer is 3 miles from Bangor International Airport (BGR) and Interstate 95 and offers direct access to Interstate 395. Brewer is also served by rail and is within 30 miles of the Port of Searsport.
Name: Darcy Main-Boyington, Director of Economic Development
Phone: (207) 989- 7500
Highlights from the review Team
- Successful TIF program that funds Economic Development Office and Capital Improvement Projects
- “Can do” attitude with excellent capacity
- Internal Review Ordinance Committee is a positive approach