Town of Topsham
Located in the heart of Maine's scenic Midcoast region, Topsham is a great place to locate your business and your family and here's why:
Business advantages: Topsham provides immediate access to major corridors: US-295 and ME-196 and is central to Maine's largest commercial/population centers: Portland (30 min), Lewiston-Auburn (30 min) & Augusta (45 min). Thousands of customers and commuters drive through our commercial center every day and we're within commuting distance for two thirds of the state's workforce.
We're already home to a diverse & growing mix of businesses: national retailers, industrial, manufacturing, retirement, etc. Topsham has two business park zones, both large lots and smaller pads at the Topsham Fair Mall, with more than 200 acres of commercially zoned land within a quarter mile of the 295-196 interchange.
Topsham is next door to the exciting, huge business park at Brunswick Landing and has available commercial buildings, shovel-ready lots, downtown space and large parcels. We also offer a wide array of incentives, including: TIF programs and tier one Pine Tree Zone tax relief. CDBG funding and loans.
Community amenities: Topsham is closely integrated into the nearby, surrounding natural environment and bordered by Merrymeeting Bay - a remarkable ecosystem and the outlet of six rivers. World class saltwater sailing, fishing & beaches are only minutes away and working farms are located within a mile of the Municipal Complex. Hundreds of acres of conservation land, wildlife habitat and accessible water ways. Topsham has committed itself to preserving access to these natural resources, trails and parks .
Community Websites: http://www.topshammaine.com/
See our business video: http://topshamdevelopment.com
Economic & Community Development
What's New in Topsham...
- Topsham approved 2 new TIF districts this year
- Former Commissary being repurposed as a food hub by JHR Development.
Highlights from the review Team
- Good capacity with a full-time Economic and Community Development Director, a Planner and the Town's economic development corporation, Topsham Development, Inc. (TDI)
- TDI is a creative tool utilized by the community and municipal TIF revenues are allocated to the TDI's enterprise fund
- Town effectively uses social media, and its marketing website is a great tool for businesses, property owners or realtors selling commercial property at no charge
- Strong commitment to preserving natural resources, wildlife habitat and conservation land and investing in publically owned amenities including the Androscoggin Bike Path, Bridge to Bridge Trail, and Head of Tide Park, etc.