City of Westbrook
Westbrook has been recognized as a business friendly community. More importantly “business friendly” is a philosophy that guides our daily interaction with local businesses and with people seeking to do business here.
Our new website has a strong pro-business focus and provides our constituents with some basic information about how to negotiate the operational and regulatory requirements of doing business in our complex world. Our obligation to you is to demystify some of those complexities and give you an opportunity to flourish here.
The City has attracted world leaders in the high-tech, service, biotech, and manufacturing industries. Our business sector is strong and growing at an impressive rate. Our housing market provides a wide range of affordable living and high end single family homes. Husson University makes their Southern Maine home here and will provide young people with the job skills they need to compete in the working world. Our infrastructure and public services are unrivaled and our quality of life with the trails and recreational opportunities on the Presumpscot River in the heart of downtown make Westbrook unique.
We invite you to come see what makes Westbrook special.
Westbrook at a Glance...
- Idexx completed a 60 million dollar addition at their site on Eisenhower Drive
- Husson University is moving to Westbrook with a 4 million dollar investment in their new Southern Maine location on Spring Street
- Schlotterbeck & Foss is moving to Westbrook and making a 3 million dollar investment at their new headquarters on Ledgeview Drive
- Avita of Stoudwater invested in a 14 million dollar construction project that will yield 70 new jobs.
- Rowe Ford made a 5 million dollar investment upgrading their Main Street facility
Name: William D. Baker;
Assistant City Manager for Business and Community Relations
Highlights from the review Team
- Downtown Revitalization efforts are a positive step
- Westbrook Together Days is a unique community event, Spirit of America Award winner
- Westbrook Environmental Improvement Corporation (WEIC) funded through grants and TIF revenues shows the community commitment to economic development through many good examples of an “open for business” attitude
- Specific details on collaborative efforts (i.e., ebago Alliance, Maine Employers Initiative)
- Co-existence of Pike and IDEXX is shining example of communities customer service/dedication to economic development
Community Website: www.westbrookmaine.com