Home → Permits, Licenses, Certifications
Permits, Licenses, Certifications
Air Emissions (207) 287-7688
Land (207) 287-7688
Office of the Commissioner (207) 287-2811
Waste Management (207) 287-7688
Water (207) 287-7688
- Hydropower & Dams
- Waste Discharge (includes municipal/industrial treatment systems, overboard discharges, subsurface discharges, and sand/salt).
- Asbestos Professional Certification. For more information about asbestos certification, contact Sandy J. Moody (207) 287-7751
- Erosion control contractor certification
- Lead Abatement Professional Certification. For more information about lead certification, contact Sandy J. Moody (207) 287-7751
- Tax Exemption Certification
- Voluntary Contractor Certification Program
- Underground storage tank installers and inspectors
- Wastewater treatment operator certification
- Water Quality Certification
The following are general links to Maine's statutes, and the department's rules. Web pages for a particular program provide links to the specific statutes and rules for that program as well as staff contacts for more information.
Maine Statutes (off-site) are maintained by the Maine Legislature. After a legislative session ends, it takes some time for new amendments to be proofed and the online version updated, so the site may not always contain the most recent changes. Most Statutes relating to DEP can be found in Title 38.
DEP and other State Agency rules (off-site) currently in effect are maintained by the Maine Secretary of State's Office. The site may not include recent changes. Please check DEP's Rulemaking Page, and speak to staff in particular programs, if you need texts that are not yet reflected on the Secretary of State's website.
- Rulemaking. For rules that have been formally proposed and are in the rulemaking process, see the Rulemaking Page. You may request to be on a mailing list for specific rulemaking activity at no charge, by contacting the staff person responsible for the rulemaking.
- Subscription service. DEP offers a subscription service which provides notification of both rulemaking changes and rule adoption for all department rules. Contact Mike Karagiannes, at (207-287-7024).