Help ME Recycle is a map-based guide to find recycling locations for electronics, fluorescent lamps and mercury thermostats. Search by municipality to find the phone number and website for your local solid waste facility; contact them to learn more about recycling other materials like paper, cardboard, plastic and metals
- Cell Phone Recycling
- Electronics Recycling - includes TVs, monitors, computers and peripherals, etc.
- Fluorescent light bulbs and other mercury-added lamps
- Household Hazardous Waste - information on recycling mercury-containing products and batteries.
- Motor Vehicle Recycling
- Municipal Collection Sites - Alphabetical listing by town of municipal collection sites for electronic waste and mercury-added products (MS Excel format) (pdf format)
- Oil Recycling Program - When you change your oil, you may bring it to one of the location listed in the directory.
- Propane Tanks
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Thermostat Recycling Program
Other Related Links (Off Site)
Recycling (State Planning Office) - The Waste Management and Recycling Program, of the Maine State Planning Office, has a two-fold mission: to assist municipalities in their efforts to improve recycling and composting performance, and, to ensure sufficient, environmentally secure, cost-effective disposal capacity for Maine's municipal solid waste. (Off Site)
USEPA Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - More information, resources and educational materials. (Off Site)
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event Schedule - Please contact your Town Office for further details. Note: highlighted events have not been confirmed. See the Household Hazardous Waste Colletion Event Schedule. (Off Site)
Smoke Detector Recycling: How to Dispose of Smoke Detectors Properly – Federal law requires manufacturers to take back smoke detectors that contain a radioactive source. This N.H. Department of Environmental Services website includes a listing of brands and information for returning smoke detectors to the manufacturers. (Off Site)
US DOT All battery recyclers and battery collection points and related associations (Off Site) (pdf format)