General Permit: Post Construction Discharge of Stormwater in the Long Creek Watershed
This page provides information related to the MEPDES general permit for post-construction discharges of stormwater from property with one acre or more of impervious area in the Long Creek watershed. The Long Creek Watershed is located in the municipalities of South Portland, Westbrook, Portland and Scarborough.
The general permit covers the discharge of stormwater from such properties to Long Creek and its tributaries, or to a municipal separate storm sewer system or other conveyance that discharges to Long Creek or its tributaries. The general permit describes permit coverage and limitations, definitions, requirements, procedures, and standard conditions. There is also a section addressing the relationship of this permit to other programs.
- Alison Moody permit compliance) 207-615-8936
- Jeff Dennis (watershed monitoring and assessment) 207-215-6376
- General permit for Post Construction Discharge of Stormwater in the Long Creek Watershed. Effective November 6, 2009.
- Notice of Intent (NOI) to comply
- Notice of Termination
- Individual application (pdf format); (msword format)
- Note about Forms in MSWord: altered forms will not be accepted. If you believe an item does not apply, write "NA" or "not applicable" rather than deleting it. Extending the length of a form to add more information is acceptable.
- Long Creek Restoration Project (off-site)
- Approval Order (DEP) (11/6/2009), Fact Sheet, Response to Comments on draft permit
- Report "A Biological, Physical, and Chemical Assessment of Two Urban Streams in Southern Maine: Long Creek & Red Brook" (12/31/02) Contact Jeff Dennis
- Measuring the Impact of Development on Maine Surface Waters (Feb. 2003 digest) (offsite - University of Maine)
- Notice on the Maine Department of Environmental Protection's General Permit for Post-Construction Discharge of Stormwater in the Long Creek Watershed (12/17/2009)
- Residual Designation for Long Creek (USEPA) (10/28/2009); Response to Comments on final designation
- USEPA NPDES Storm Water Permit Page (off-site)