Municipal discharges include the discharge of waste water from municipal or quasi-municipal public sewer systems. Industrial discharge include the discharge of process water water, cooling water and other contaminated waters from industrial or commercial sources.
The area code for Maine is "207".
Licensing - Augusta: Gregg Wood (287-3901).
E-mail or call 287-3901 to order a publication or form.
If using a form is msword, please note that altered forms will not be accepted. Extending the length of a form so that more information may be included is not considered an alteration.
- Addition of Transported Wastes in Wastewater Treatment Facilities msword; pdf file for printing
- Aquatic Pesticides pdf file; msword file
Aquatic Pesticide Applications for Mosquito Control
Permits for Application of Aquatic Pesticides to Control Vectors of West Nile Virus
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) pdf file; msword file
- Finfish Aquaculture Facilities msword fill-in form; pdf file for printing
- Fish Rearing Facilities msword fill-in form; pdf file for printing
- Food Processing Facilities msword fill-in form; pdf file for printing
- General Application Form for Waste Discharge Permit msword; pdf file for printing 12/23/2008
- Outfall Information msword fill-in form; pdf file for printing
- Post-Construction Discharge of Storm Water to The Long Creek Watershed pdf file; msword file
- Publicly Owned Treatment Facilities msword fill-in form; pdf file for printing
- Subsurface Wastewater Disposal System pdf file; ms word file
- Surface Wastewater Disposal System pdf file; ms word file
- Waste Discharge Permit Application, Supplemental Information for Snow Dumps
Some EPA forms are also used. DEP has converted EPA forms to msword and these are available below.
- Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations and Aquatic Animal Production Facilities -- Consolidated Permits Program msword
- Existing Manufacturing, Commercial, Mining, and Silviculture Operations msword
- Facilities Which Do Not Discharge Process Wastewater msword
- Application for Permit to Discharge Stormwater -- Discharges Associated with Industrial Activity -- msword
- DEP 49. Monthly Report of Operation, Wastewater Treatment Facilities. This form is in EXCEL. Contact: Dick Darling (287-7806).
- Non Compliance/Discharge Incident Report form (msword file; pdf file)
- Effluent Mercury Test Report form (excel).
- Forms associated with the Water Toxics Rule.
Addiitonal information about the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination system Permit Program may be found on EPA's website.