Breast Pump Program
To improve the health of both women and infants by helping women provide the best possible nutrition available – mother's milk – the Maine WIC program offers two different types of breast pumps.
Electric breast pumps may be loaned to WIC moms who need to establish their milk supply without their baby, such as in cases of prematurity, sick newborn, or other special needs. WIC participants who are loaned an electric pump also receive a milk-collection kit that is theirs to keep.
Manual breast pumps can be given to WIC moms for any reason.
Breast pumps are offered to participants based on need and availability. Call your local WIC clinic to see whether one is available for you or your partner.
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Voice: (207) 287-3991
Instate Toll Free:
TTY: Maine relay 711
- Mailing address:
11 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Phone Number to your
Local WIC Clinic
East Wilton 207-645-3764
Presque Isle 207-768-3026
FY Policies (PDF*)
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Produce Safety
- FDA Looks for Answers on Arsenic in Rice
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Recall of Limited Number of Salads
- Keeping Your Food and Water Safe during Floods, Hurricanes, and Power Outages
- Constituent Updates
- Bumble Bee Foods Voluntary Recall on 5-Ounce Chunk Light Tuna Products Due to Loose Seals
- Townsend Farms Voluntarily Recalls
- Kraft Voluntarily Recalls String Cheese
- Garden-Fresh Foods Expanded Recall