The Maine WIC Program seeks to supplement nutrition for pregnant women, babies and young children. Fresh fruits and vegetables are an important part of that nutrition, and it's important to us to make sure Maine families have access to good, locally grown products.
This section of the Web site is intended to give farmers an overview of the Maine WIC Program as well as provide information needed to maintain compliance with Program rules, policies, and procedures. Please be sure that it is reviewed. You may reproduce it as needed, or contact our office if you need additional copies.
Once an application has been selected for authorization, at least one farmer will be required to attend new vendor training.
We thank you for growing nutritious foods, and for helping us to provide that food to women, infants, and children in Maine. Your courtesy and helpfulness in assisting WIC customers is greatly appreciated.
- Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Voice: (207) 287-3991
Instate Toll Free:
TTY: Maine relay 711
- Mailing address:
11 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333
Phone Number to your
Local WIC Clinic
East Wilton 207-645-3764
Presque Isle 207-768-3026
FY Policies (PDF*)
- Recalls, Market Withdrawals, & Safety Alerts
- Produce Safety
- FDA Looks for Answers on Arsenic in Rice
- Dole Fresh Vegetables Announces Precautionary Recall of Limited Number of Salads
- Keeping Your Food and Water Safe during Floods, Hurricanes, and Power Outages
- Constituent Updates
- Bumble Bee Foods Voluntary Recall on 5-Ounce Chunk Light Tuna Products Due to Loose Seals
- Townsend Farms Voluntarily Recalls
- Kraft Voluntarily Recalls String Cheese
- Garden-Fresh Foods Expanded Recall