Maine Oral Health Program
This purpose of this report, a burden of disease report, is to provide an overview of current available information on the burden of oral disease in children and adults of Maine. It includes data on access to care, on the prevalence of oral diseases and oral health-related risk behaviors, and describes the oral health work force in Maine. Please note that during the time this report was constructed, other reports have been written and presented. These reports, although they may use the same data sources, may reflect information differently.
Dental Care Access Tax Credit Program Open for Applications, March 2013
- The Maine State Legislature, recognizing the need to increase the availability of dental care into rural areas of the state, created a time-limited program providing a state income tax credit as an incentive.
Oral Health Maps
Guidelines for Mobile/Portable Dental Care Programs
- Mobile/Portable Dental Care Programs Working in School Districts (Word* | also in Adobe PDF*
Maine people will have an improved quality of life through optimal oral health.
The Oral Health Program seeks to improve the oral health of Maine people through:
- Public leadership in assisting community initiatives to prevent, control and reduce oral diseases;
- Planning, implementing and evaluating programs for oral health promotion and disease prevention;
- Statewide coordination and integration of community based oral health services through increased access and removal of barriers.