Aquaculture Applications and Forms
Applications differ depending on the type of operation that is being proposed.
The below files are available in MS Word or PDF file formats. To view MS Word files, please download the free MS Word viewer software here. To view PDF files, download the free Adobe Reader here.
Select this link for information regarding the application process. Please note that for standard lease applications you must attend a pre-application meeting with the Department and the municipality and you must hold a public scoping session prior to submitting an application. Contact us early in your planning for a lease application; it will help both you and the Department a great deal.
If you have questions, please contact Diantha Robinson.
LIMITED-PURPOSE AQUACULTURE (“LPA”) LICENSES: Up to 400 square feet of area for one calendar year for the culture of certain shellfish species and marine algae using certain types of gear.
NOTE: To simplify the LPA process, we are discontinuing the separate LPA license form. To apply for an LPA license, submit the completed LPA aquaculture license application form with all required attachments. If the license is granted, we will generate a license form and send it to you.
For NEW LPAs, you will need the following forms:
- LPA license appliction
- Riparian list, if applicable
Additional Information to assist in completing LPA license application forms:
AQUACULTURE LEASE APPLICATIONS
OTHER AQUACULTURE-RELATED FORMS
- Aids to Private Navigation application - pdf Online Private Aids to Navigation (PAToN) Registration (If you have questions regarding a PAToN application, please contact Steve Pothier - DPW1)
- Application for Intervenor status - pdf
Application for Intervenor status - word
- Application for the Cultivation of Atlantic Salmon (Hatcheries)
- Application for Importation, Introduction, and/or Movement of Finfish - pdf
Application for Importation, Introduction, and/or Movement of Finfish - word
- Application for Importation, Introduction, and/or Movement of Shellfish - pdf
Application for Importation, Introduction, and/or Movement of Shellfish - word
- Emergency Shellfish Relocation Form - pdf file, 19 kb
Emergency Shellfish Relocation Form - word
- Cultchless American Oyster License application form - pdf file, 10 kb
Cultchless American Oyster License application form - Word file, 40 kb