Maine Marine Dealer and Harvester Licenses, and Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry
The Maine Department of Marine Resources' new online licensing and landings system, called LEEDS (Licensing Enforcement and Environmental Data System) is now available. In order to apply for a new license or renew a license with the new system, you first need to create a login for LEEDS.
If you have never logged into LEEDS before, create your LEEDS login here.
If you are renewing your license online, this system will provide you with many more options than our previous online system, including:
- Renew a license
- Apply for a new license you’ve never held before
- Order tags (for certain licenses)
- Reprint your license
- Upgrade a license (if applicable)
- Pay administrative fees
- Report landings (coming soon)
- Upload documents to the department
- Change your password to the system
If you have had licenses with the Department, you already have a Landings Number. Please be sure that once you create your login, that your landings number has not changed. If your landings number is different once you create your login, please contact the Licensing Division before moving forward in the system. Also, if your SS# is not correct in our system, or the FEIN # has changed, you will not be able to renew your licenses under the “NEW” landings number, and will need to contact Licensing to correct/update in order to proceed.
For assistance with LEEDS, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
Below are lists of applications and forms that may be printed out and submitted to the Department for processing. Instructions for forms, fees, and where to mail them are usually on the second page of each form. PDF files require Adobe Acrobat or free Adobe Reader software (download here), version 6 or higher; Word files require MS Word or a free MS-Word viewer (download here). Please print these files using the reader/viewer software print icon, not your browser print icon. If you need an alternate format, please call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550, Option 2.
2018 Commercial Harvester License Application Forms
Commercial Lobster Harvester:
- 2018 Lobster & Crab Harvesting Class I-II-III License Application, pdf file, 53 kb
- 2018 Apprentice or Student Lobster & Crab License Application, pdf file, 52 kb
- 2018 Non-resident Lobster and Crab License Application, pdf file, 51 kb
- 2018 Non-resident Lobster and Crab Landing Permit, pdf file, 47 kb
- 2018 Non-resident Apprentice Lobster and Crab License Application, pdf file, 44 kb
- 2018 Island Limited Entry Lobster & Crab Harvesting Class I-II-III License Application
Other Commercial Harvesters:
- 2018 Elver Harvesting License Application , pdf file, 50 kb
- 2018 Marine Harvesting License Application, pdf file, 69 kb
- 2018 Scallop, Sea Urchin, and Sea Cucumber Harvesting License Application, pdf file, 131 kb
- 2018 Shellfish, Green Crab, Worm Harvesting, and Aquaculture Application, pdf file, 78kb
2018 Non-Commercial/Recreational License Application Forms:
- Letter and Request Form for Elver License Holders Regarding Temporary Medical Transfer of Elver Quota, pdf file, 265 kb
- Health Certificates and Catch Documents for Exporting Seafood to the European Union (EU), c/o NOAA
- Safety Training Requirements and Course Materials for Sea Urchin and Scallop Divers and Tenders
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 1 Season Change for 2018–2019, pdf file, 20 kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone 2 Season Change for 2018–2019, pdf file, 19 kb
- Application for Maine Sea Urchin Harvest Zone Change for 2018-2019, pdf file, 28 kb
Lobster and Crab
- Lobster Fishing Apprentice Log, pdf file, 163 kb
- Non-Commercial Lobster/Crab License Exam, pdf file, 5 pages, 121 kb
- Non-Commercial Lobster/Crab License Exam Answer Sheet, MS Word file, 1 page, 29 kb
- Certificate of Owner/Operator, pdf file, 63 kb
- Swans Island Conservation Area Application for Certificate of Registration, pdf file, 47 kb
- Monhegan Conservation Area Registration, pdf file, 51 kb
- A Guide to Lobstering in Maine
- Please visit or call your local town office for information about municipal shellfish licenses
- Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry info
- If you need help deciding which license you need, contact your Marine Patrol Office or (207) 624-6550
- If you have a problem opening or using any of these applications please contact the DMR Webmaster
- If you have any questions, call the DMR licensing division at (207) 624-6550.