DEPT. OF MARINE RESOURCES
- About DMR
- Aquarium, Library, Lighthouse, Education
- Commercial Fisheries
- Councils, Meetings, etc.
- Health & Safety: Is it Safe to Eat/Swim/Fish?
- Laws and Regulations
- Marine Patrol
- Municipal Shellfish
- Recreational Fishing
- Research and Surveys
- Species Info (lobsters, clams, whales, etc.)
- Weather, Tides, Sunrise, Environmental Data
- Wetlands, Permit Review
Landings Program News and Newsletters
- November 7, 2013: Informational letter sent to dealers explaining the recent law changes regarding the landings program's ability to suspend dealer licenses for failing to report in a timely manner. This letter includes dates to three informational meetings and outlines the suspension process. (PDF file, 2 pages)
- October 29, 2013: Informational letter sent to dealers explaining recent changes to DMR law regarding puchasing from unlicensed crew and who needs a retail seafood license - PDF file, 1 page
- October 29, 2013: Informational letter sent to harvesters with a commercial lobster, scallop or sea urchin license explaining recent law changes regarding unlicensed crew selling their captain's catch - PDF file, 1 page
- October 2, 2013: DMR Scallop & Shrimp Vessel Monitoring System Pilot Program Report Now Available
- Dealer Newsletter - August 2013- PDF file, 8 pages, 2,081 kb
Includes: Preliminary 2012 landings by pounds and value; Confidentiality; Elver reporting; Number of active harvesters by county; How Maine compares with other states; Historical landings; DMR contact info; and a link to more landings information
- 2012 commercial landings summary report (Feb. 28, 2013)
- Harvester Newsletter - October 2012- PDF File, 8 pages, 223kb
Includes: Preliminary 2011 landings and effort data for lobster; Lobster reporting myths vs facts; Scallop, Shrimp, Elver and Halibut landings; Number of reporting and active harvesters; Confidentiality; Electronic Federal reporting information and the difference between dealer and harvester reporting.