DMR Advisory Council Meeting
February 11, 1:00 p.m.
1. Welcome (Chair)
2. Approval of minutes Meeting – November 19, 2008 (Chair)
(minutes in PDF format, 39KB)
3. Regulations - Action (voting) (handouts)
4. Other Business
- Emergency regulations: Atlantic Sea Scallop Limitations, Closed Areas (Comm. Lapointe) (go to rulemaking web page for text and map)
- Nomination Committee for 2009 election of officers
- Annual Research Agenda (Linda Mercer)
(2009 research plan here)
- ASMFC & NEFMC Updates (Comm. Lapointe)
- Legislature - updates
- Budget, consolidation
- Ocean Energy Taskforce Update
- Other Updates
Directions to the Natural Resource Service Center (NRSC) from Augusta:
From the State House in Augusta, travel south on State Street for 1.7 miles. When entering the City of Hallowell, look for the first street on the right which is Winthrop Street; go up Winthrop Street to the top of the hill; on the right is a red sign that says "Hallowell Annex State Offices". Turn right into this complex. DMR is the first brick building on the right. The NRSC is the second brick building on the right. Meetings will be held in the conference room at the NRSC, 6 Beech Street, Hallowell, which is the building located behind the main Department of Marine Resources Hallowell building. Access to conference room is on the ground level via the entrance up the ramp located at the rear of the building. There is additional parking just beyond the NRSC building.
Always call ahead to confirm that the meeting is being held: (207) 624-6553.