DEPT. OF MARINE RESOURCES
- About DMR
- Aquarium, Library, Lighthouse, Education
- Commercial Fisheries
- Councils, Meetings, etc.
- Health & Safety: Is it Safe to Eat/Swim/Fish?
- Laws and Regulations
- Marine Patrol
- Municipal Shellfish
- Recreational Fishing
- Research and Surveys
- Species Info (lobsters, clams, whales, etc.)
- Weather, Tides, Sunrise, Environmental Data
- Wetlands, Permit Review
Recent DMR News
Follow this link for a list of upcoming meetings and events
- February 26: Another Year of Historic Landings and Improved Value for Maine Lobster
- February 19: Lobster Ventless Trap Survey Seeking Three Industry Participants
- February 19: Next Meeting of DMR Advisory Council March 3rd at 1 p.m. in Hallowell
- February 17: Spring Scallop Survey Vessel Request for Proposals
- February 17: Chapter 42 Striped Bass Slot Limit Option A; Proposed Rulemaking and Chapter 42 Striped Bass Slot Limit Option B; Proposed Rulemaking. Public hearings March 9, 2015, Wiscasset and March 11, 2015, Scarborough. Deadline for Comments March 23, 2015.
- February 12: Retired Colonel Joseph Fessenden Honored with Expression of Legislative Sentiment
- February 9: Samples Being Collected to Provide Additional Information about Closed Northern Shrimp Fishery
- February 5: Nominations Sought for Two Seats on New England Fishery Management Council by February 20th.
- January 30: Carl Wilson Named Director of Maine Department of Marine Resources Bureau of Marine Science
- January 30: Weak Links, Gear Marking and Exempted Areas Guide from NOAA available (PDF file, 22 pages, 1.7 MB)
- January 23: Lobster Zone Council Meeting Schedule for February
- January 20:
- Chapter 24.10 (4) (F) Maine-Restricted area for American Oyster; Emergency rulemaking effective January 21, 2015--pdf file, 6 pages, 40KB
- Chapter 24.10 (4) (F) Maine-Restricted area for American Oyster; Proposed concurrent rulemaking. Deadline for comments February 20, 2015--pdf file, 5 pages, 36 KB
- Chapter 25.04 Lobster Trawl
Limits; Chapter 25.97 Management Framework for Island Limited Entry Program;
Proposed rulemaking. Deadline for comments February 23, 2015--pdf file, 9 pages,
- Chapter 25.08 Lobster
Trap Tag Attachment; Proposed rulemaking. Deadline for comments February 20,
2015--pdf file, 3 page, 39 KB
- Chapter 32 Eels. Requirements
for 2015 elver harvesting season. Deadline for public comments
February 20, 2015--pdf file, 6 pages, 44 KB.
- January 13: Jon Cornish Promoted to Colonel of the Maine Marine Patrol
- December 31: Department of Marine Resources Looking for Volunteers for Smelt Survey
- December 29: Maine Marine Patrol Rescues Two Urchin Fishermen after Boat Capsizes Near Cutler
- December 26: Chapter 11.22 Scallop Regulations and 2014-15 Harvesting Season, Targeted Closures (6)(7) Pleasant Bay; Lower Englishman Bay. Emergency Regulations Effective Saturday December 27, 2014--pdf file 12 pages, 2.5 mb -- Pleasant Bay and Lower Englishman Bay Closure Charts
- December 19: Four Officers Join the Ranks of the Maine Marine Patrol
- December 4: Marine Resources Commissioner Patrick Keliher Named Distinguished Maine Policy Fellow
- December 2: Colonel Fessenden to Retire After 40 Years in the Maine Marine Patrol
DMR News Archive
Subscribe to DMR news and information by topic
Follow DMR on Twitter
Like the Maine Marine Patrol on Facebook
|The Maine Dept. of Marine Resources was established to conserve and develop marine and estuarine resources; to conduct and sponsor scientific research; to promote and develop the Maine coastal fishing industries; to advise and cooperate with local, state, and federal officials concerning activities in coastal waters; and to implement, administer, and enforce the laws and regulations necessary for these purposes.
This page was last updated
February 26, 2015.