DEPT. OF MARINE RESOURCES
- About DMR
- Aquarium, Library, Lighthouse, Education
- Commercial Fisheries
- Councils, Meetings, etc.
- Health & Safety: Is it Safe to Eat/Swim/Fish?
- Laws and Regulations
- Marine Patrol
- Municipal Shellfish
- Recreational Fishing
- Research and Surveys
- Species Info (lobsters, clams, whales, etc.)
- Weather, Tides, Sunrise, Environmental Data
- Wetlands, Permit Review
Documents Pertaining to LD 1957, An Act to Restore Diadromous Fish in the St Croix River
In response to a request from the Maine Legislature's Joint Standing Committee on Marine Resources, the Department is making available documents as they pertain to LD 1957, An Act to Restore Diadromous Fish in the St Croix River. Documents on this page are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat or the free Adobe Reader (download here) to view or print. Please contact Kathleen Brosnan if you require an alternate format.
- "Maine's Diadromous Fish Community: Past, Present, and Implications for Atlantic Salmon Recovery", 2006, by Rory Saunders, Michael A. Hachey, and Clem W. Fay, Fisheries: Vol. 31, No. 11 pp. 537–547 - pdf file, 980 kb, 11 pages
- "Historical and Current Distribution and Abundance of the Anadromous Alewife (Alosa pseudoharengus) in the St. Croix River", 2007, by Lewis N. Flagg - pdf file, 436 kb, 17 pages
- "Analysis of Impacts Related to the Introduction of Anadromous Alewives into a Small Freshwater Lake in Central Maine, USA" [Lake George] by Frederick W. Kircheis et al, 2004 - pdf file, 470 kb, 53 pages
- Two Reports on Alewives in the St. Croix River:
"St. Croix River Alewife – Smallmouth Bass Interaction Study" by
T.V. Willis, and
"Genetic Analyses of Freshwater and Anadromous Alewife (Alosa pseudoharengus) Populations from the St. Croix River, Maine/New Brunswick" by
P. Bentzen and I.G. Paterson, 2006, published by Maine Rivers, Hallowell, Maine - pdf file, 2 MB, 68 pages