Skip Maine state header navigation
Skip First Level Navigation |
Skip All Navigation
> Coastal Community Planning
Coastal Community Planning
The Maine Coastal Program works with partners to encourage sound planning and smart growth strategies in the coastal zone.
Specific programs include:
- The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, Municipal Planning Assistance Program provides land use planning expertise for Maine citizens, municipalities, regional planning organizations, state agencies and the Legislature, and promotes growth management principles in state and local policies, programs, regulations and investments.
- Coastal Communities Grant Program: The coastal community competitive grant programs provides funds to towns and regional organizations for projects in the areas of public access, water quality improvement, storm hazard resiliency, and marine-related economic development.
- Municipal Code Enforcement and Training Program: a formal training program for municipal code officials.
- Docks and Piers Guidance: planning guidelines and best management practices from the Maine Department of Environmental Protection.
- Scenic Resource Guidance: guide for using Maine's scenic inventory methodology to identify, evaluate, and document scenic resources and to identify scenic viewpoints of state or national significance for purposes of Title 35-A MRSA Ch. 34-A (Wind Power Law).
||Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved.