Home > Education > Links to Related Topics
Links to Related Topics - Education
- American Geological Institute
- California State University
- Virtual Courseware - online activities related to earthquakes, global warming, hydrology, and geologic dating.
- Geological Society of America
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- NeMO Explorer - virtual tour at the New Millennium Observatory, a seafloor observatory at an active underwater volcano.
- National Park Service
- National Ground Water Association
- Educator Resources - water-related classroom materials, lesson plans, and other reference tools.
- Online Education Database
- Geology for Kids - links to lesson plans and resources related to soil, rocks and minerals, volcanos, erosion, and the structure of planet Earth.
- Rock Detective
- A non-profit organization that sells classroom kits containing earth science mysteries for students to solve. Website also has a list of other earth science education resources.
- University of California at Berkeley
- Learning from the Fossil Record - book originally published by the Paleontological Society. Includes a collection of classroom activities keyed to national science content standards.
- University of Maine, Fogler Library
- Research Guide - Geology - selected guide to geology information resources available in Fogler Library, through the Fogler Library home page, and the web.
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Ask USGS - USGS Earth Science Information Center
- Educational Resources - highlights USGS geologic information helpful for the public, educators, students, scientists, businesses, and government agencies.
- Schoolyard Geology - This website is filled with activities and examples of what to look for to turn your schoolyard into a rich geologic experience.
- Tapestry of Time and Terrain - unites the geology and topography of the United States. Includes descriptions of major geologic and topographic features and an explanation of the geologic time periods.
Last updated on April 9, 2012