Home > Explore! > Surficial Geology
Maine's Surficial Geology
- Originally published on the web as the Survey's "Site of the Month," these sites include more detailed descriptions of geologic features, field trips, and localities.
Geologic Maps and Digital Data
- Available surficial geologic maps
- ONLINE surficial geologic map series
- PRINTED geologic maps
- Descriptions of MGS surficial geologic map series
- Statewide geologic maps
- Generalized Surficial Geology of Maine (pdf) (scale 1:2,000,000)
- Surficial Geologic Map of Maine, scale 1:500,000, edited by W.B. Thompson and H.W. Borns, Jr., 1985. A 42" x 52" color wall map showing the surficial geology of Maine. Includes sites of special interest, radiocarbon-dated sites, reference list, correlation chart, inset map of inferred extent of ice cover during deglaciation.
Last updated on March 29, 2013