Student & Staff Data
The Maine Department of Education believes data can be a powerful force in improving the quality of instruction and programming in the state's public schools, and in making sure the resources we invest in public schools are spent wisely.
The Department is making a significant investment in improving the quality and availability of district-, school- and student-level data. With greater access to such data, educators will have the tools they need to determine which classes, academic interventions and special services have the greatest positive impact on their students so they know which strategies work, and they can change what doesn't.
- Data FAQ. This data FAQ is intended for questions about entering, exiting, and uploading student data to state systems.
- Data Training & Certification. The Department's Data Quality Certification Program emphasizes accurate data reporting and wise use of data to improve student outcomes.
- Food Service Data. View information about student participation in school food service programs, meal prices, student eligibility for free- and reduced-price meals, and more.
- Staff Data. View public data about Maine public and private school staff using the Maine Education Data Management System (MEDMS). Available information includes numbers of staff members in each district and statewide, data about average teacher and administrator salaries, and records of where staff received educational degrees.
- Student Data. The Department of Education makes data about student enrollment, demographics and outcomes available to the public.
- Student Information Systems Statewide. The Department does not provide a single local student information solution across the State. Local school districts may use a system that best meets their needs provided it is able to report the required data elements to the Department in an accurate, complete and timely manner (A.C.T.).
- Test Scores. The Department of Education regularly reports scores from the standardized tests taken by Maine students.