Sample Content Area Reporting Standards
The following list is a set of sample content-area reporting standards and aligned performance indicators that comprehensively describe the standards of the Maine Learning Results and the updated English and language arts and mathematics standards. The reporting standards can be adopted as written or adapted to report proficiency for the purpose of awarding a proficiency-based diploma.
Questions about the standards can be directed to the relevant content area specialists at the Maine Department of Education.
- Guiding Principles
- English Language Arts (PDF, 260KB)
- Mathematics (PDF, 228KB)
- Science & Technology (PDF, 313KB)
- Social Studies (PDF, 246KB)
- World Languages (PDF, 362KB)
- Visual & Performing Arts (PDF, 233KB)
- Health & Physical Education (PDF, 244KB)
- Career & Educational Development (PDF, 226KB)
- Standards Language Crosswalk (PDF, 186KB)