This following set of design criteria, protocols and other resources are designed to support school leaders to identify or create content area reporting standards. We strongly recommend that districts and schools engage in collaborative professional conversations that build capacity in understanding the intent of the standards as they work to identify content area reporting standards and aligned performance indicators.
To assist in this process, we have created the following resources:
- Design Criteria Chart: Content Area Reporting Standards (PDF, 149KB)
- Design Criteria Chart: Performance Indicators (PDF, 149KB)
- Protocol 1: Developing Content Area Reporting Standards (PDF, 181KB)
- Protocol 2: Defining Performance Indicators (PDF, 233KB)
- Alignment Chart: Proficiency-Based Learning Simplified and the Maine Cohort for Customized Learning
- Implementation of Proficiency-Based Diploma Extension Request for SAUs Awarding Diplomas
The following resources produced by the Great Schools Partnership and Competency Works describe the importance of understanding the growth of each learner toward the demonstration of proficiency.