Home → Legislation & Rulemaking
Legislation & Rulemaking
The Maine Department of Education is involved at various stages of Maine's legislative process:
- The Department acts as a resource to state legislators, providing information about Department programs and Maine's education system.
- The Department sometimes proposes bills and takes positions as appropriate on legislation that affects education in Maine.
- As a state agency, the Department is charged with adopting rules to implement laws passed by the Maine Legislature.
126th Maine Legislature, Dec. 2012-Dec. 2014
Second Regular Session (2014)
- Major Education-Related Laws Enacted (PDF, 183KB)
First Regular Session (2013)
- Major Education-Related Laws Enacted (PDF, 716KB)
- List of Education-Related Bills Enacted (XLS, 45KB)
- Bills Requiring Reports Back
- Bills Requiring Rulemaking