Fire Sprinkler License Fee Schedule
Make checks payable to: "Treasurer, State of Maine"
- $100 for a Fire Sprinkler Contractor's Endorsement , (valid for 2 years)
- $100 for a Responsible Managing Supervisor's Endorsement , (valid for 2 years) There is no charge for an RMS who is currently licensed in Maine as a P.E. since they have already paid the state for the designing through that license.
- $100/ Fire Sprinkler Inspector's Endorsement , (valid for 2 years).
- There is no late reinstatement fee.
- In plant industry maintenance personnel,
an employer may provide the services of Inspectors for their employer without being licensed with our office. Also an owner of a building may have an employee that is capable and qualified to inspect their fire sprinkler system do so without becoming licensed with our office.
- Licensed Inspectors are to inspect fire sprinkler systems of public buildings a minimum of annually. Inspection reports of non-compliance, where the owner is not scheduling correction of deficiencies are to be submitted to the Office of State Fire Marshal in accordance with N.F.P.A. 25. All inspection reports are to include the Inspector's license number. All other inspection reports are to be made available to the Office of State Fire Marshal upon request.
- A NICET II or other nationally recognized standard achieved in the area of fire sprinkler inspection, such as passing an inspector’s training course by AFSA or NFSA or NFPA, is required, or some other proof of training/qualification.
Sprinkler Procedures and Fees for Certification, Licensing and Registration are established in the Office of State Fire Marshal, Sprinkler Technical Policy.
[Last updated 5-29-13 to reflect major changes in the licensing procedure and fee structure. Previously updated 1-3-12 to expand the detail and thereby add some clarity. Previously updated 1-1-08.]