Fire Sprinkler License Fee Schedule
Make checks payable to: "Treasurer, State of Maine"
- $300 for a Fire Sprinkler Contractor's Endorsement , (valid for 2 years)
- $300 for a Responsible Managing Supervisor's Endorsement , (valid for 2 years) There is no charge for an RMS who is currently licensed in Maine as a P.E. since they have already paid the state for the designing through that license. A fee of $225 per RMS will be charged if a company has 3 or more licenses.
- $100/ Fire Sprinkler Inspector's Endorsement , (valid for 2 years). A fee of $ 75 per Inspector for a company having 3 or more licenses.
- There is no late reinstatement fee.
- In plant industry maintenance personnel,
an employer may provide the services of Inspectors for their employer without being licensed with our office. Also an owner of a building may have an employee that is capable and qualified to inspect their fire sprinkler system do so without becoming licensed with our office.
- Licensed Inspectors are to inspect fire sprinkler systems of public buildings as per the currently adopted version of NFPA 25. Inspection reports of non-compliance, where the owner is not scheduling correction of deficiencies are to be submitted to the Office of State Fire Marshal in accordance with N.F.P.A. 25. All inspection reports are to include the Inspector's license number. All other inspection reports are to be made available to the Office of State Fire Marshal upon request.
- A NICET II or other nationally recognized standard achieved in the area of fire sprinkler inspection, such as passing an inspector’s training course by AFSA or NFSA or NFPA, is required, or some other proof of training/qualification.
Sprinkler Procedures and Fees for Certification, Licensing and Registration are established in the Office of State Fire Marshal, Sprinkler Technical Policy.