First Lady Ann LePage
Ann LePage became the First Lady of Maine when her husband Paul LePage was sworn into office as Maine’s 74th Governor on January 5, 2011. A Maine native, Ann grew up with a strong work ethic and loyalty to family. She and Governor LePage have been married 29 years, and raised their children in Maine.
Throughout her tenure as First Lady, Ann has been a passionate advocate for military service members, their families and our beloved veterans. Raising awareness for these individuals has been her top priority. She has participated in the Wreaths Across America trip, twice, travelling in 18 wheeler tractor trailers to Arlington National Cemetery to place wreaths on the grave sites of our fallen heroes.
Mrs. LePage was selected as the 2012 Joshua Chamberlain’s Chapter Person of the Year by the First Region Association of the United States Army. Her continued dedication, compassion, untiring efforts and support for veterans, service members and their families has clearly defined her character and reputation since becoming First Lady of Maine.
Ann is currently working with Travis Mills on the Travis Mills Project. Travis, a US Army Staff Sergeant of the 82nd Airborne, was critically injured in April of 2012 while on his third tour of duty in Afghanistan. He is one of only five quadruple amputees in the United States to survive his injuries. Travis has a dream to create a National Recreation Center here in Maine for disabled veterans and their families. This recreation center will provide a place where veterans from across the Nation can get back to nature with activities that will instill the confidence to keep moving forward. The Travis Mills Project is coming to life through the efforts of various groups and individuals and Ann is wholeheartedly committed to do anything she can to make Travis’ dream a reality.
Believing family comes first, First Lady LePage has been a strong supporter of her husband’s public services throughout their married lives. After spending 14 years at Scott Paper Company, and working part-time when her children were young, she is grateful for the opportunity she had to be at home with her children. Her proudest moments are shared with her children in their achievements as successful adults.
Proud to be an American and native daughter of the beautiful State of Maine, Ann LePage is honored to fulfill her role as First Lady of Maine.
News from First Lady Ann LePage
- September 22, 2014: First Lady Ann LePage Joins CASAColumbia Celebrates Family Day
- July 10, 2014: First Lady Ann LePage Draws Names for the 2014 Veterans Controlled Moose Hunt
- May 15, 2014: First Lady Ann LePage to Honor Veterans for Armed Forces Day
- April 25, 2014: First Lady Ann LePage To Ride In The Patriot Riders' “Spring Ride For The Troops”
- January 30, 2014: Governor Paul R. LePage and First Lady Ann M. LePage “Tie A Yellow Ribbon”
- November 15, 2013: First Lady Ann LePage and Bread of Life Ministries to Accept Donation for the National Veterans Family Center from Operation Hat Trick
- April 8, 2013: Maine Celebrates Military Children during Month of April
- December 21, 2012: Governor and First Lady Send Holiday Message to Troops Serving Overseas
- December 7, 2012: First Lady LePage, Wreaths Across America Caravan Departs Maine Monday
- November 30, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage Announces Selected Artists for Maine is ME Art Challenge
- November 14, 2012: First Family's Food Drive Nets 1,568 Pounds Of Donations To Help Feed Hungry Mainers
- October 4, 2012: First Lady Reads to Farrington Elementary Students to Help Break World Record
- October 2, 2012: First Lady to Help Break World Record
- September 26, 2012: First Lady LePage to Support Breast Cancer Awareness at the Blaine House
- September 26, 2012: First Lady LePage Congratulates Excellence in Long-Term Care Award Winners
- September 25, 2012: First Lady LePage Invites Active Heroes Hiking Team to Blaine House
- September 21, 2012: First Lady LePage Recognized by Association of the United States Army as Maine’s Person of the Year
- September 21, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage Presents Eagle Cane to WWII Veteran Edmond Pare
- September 17, 2012: Brewer Students Get Surprise Visit from Two First Ladies
- September 14, 2012: Vietnam Veteran Receives Eagle Cane
- September 14, 2012: First Ladies to Connect with Brewer Students via Skype
- September 6, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage Announces Maine is ME Student Art Challenge
- August 17, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage Slated as Guest Speaker at Military Officers of America Breakfast
- August 10, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage Encourages Mainers to Thank a Veteran
- August 8, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage to Host Second Annual Military Families Ice Cream Social
- August 7, 2012: First Lady to Highlight New Veterans Clinic in Lewiston
- August 3, 2012: First Lady LePage to Participate in Midcoast Area Veterans Memorial Dedication
- June 8, 2012: First Lady Ann LePage Featured as Guest Speaker at VFW State Convention
- May 22, 2012: First Lady Teams Up with Department of Agriculture to Promote Healthy Living & Eating Local
- March 16, 2012: Governor Paul LePage & First Lady Ann LePage to Attend Susan Curtis Charitable Foundation’s Annual Dinner
- February 16, 2012: Governor and First Lady Honor Military Members and Their Families at Blaine House
- December 7, 2011: Wreaths Across America and Maine’s First Lady Team up to Honor the Fallen
- September 15, 2011: Military Issues Highlighted by the First Lady at Lewiston Forum