Bureau of Administrative Services
The Bureau of Administrative Services is established within the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. The bureau is equal in organizational level and status with other major organizational units within the department or its successors. The bureau is administered by a director who is immediately responsible to the deputy commissioner. The director possesses full authority and responsibility for administering all the powers and duties of the bureau, subject to the direction of the commissioner and except as otherwise provided by statute. The responsibilities of the bureau include, but are not limited to:
- Financial accounting. The financial accounting of all department revenues and expenditures, including long-range financial planning and the preparation of annual and biennial budgets;
- Personnel activities. The administration of all personnel activities;
- Licensing and registration. The administration and issuance of department licenses, stamps and permits and the registration of snowmobiles, watercraft and all-terrain vehicles;
- Engineering. The design, maintenance and repair of department-owned facilities, including the preparation of a capital improvement plan to be printed in the budget document;
- Land acquisition. The acquisition and development of land for the protection, preservation and enhancement of inland fisheries and wildlife resources; and
- Equipment inventory. The maintenance of a current inventory of all department-owned or department-managed property.