Swan Island, at the head of Merrymeeting Bay, welcomes hikers, campers, birders and explorers to its shores for an unforgettable Maine experience.
Swan Island is open for camping and day use until October 25th this year. Fall is a great time to visit the island, make your reservation today!
Enter your email below for the latest DIFW news, license and registration info, and upcoming events
Swan Island Information
For Swan Island reservations please call (207) 287-5252
Swan Island Events
- September 13, 2014 : Food Plots for Deer and other Wildlife
- October 4, 2014 : Nature Walk on Swan Island
- 2014 Swan Island Events (PDF)
- View our Swan Island Gallery
- Rules & Frequently Asked Questions
- Camping on Swan Island
- Field Trips
- Self Access Season Pass (PDF) - You will need the free Adobe Reader to view this document.
Friends of Swan Island
The Friends of Swan Island have reorganized and are currently active! If you would like to be a part of new programs and projects on Swan Island, please contact them for more information at:
Friends of Swan Island (FOSI)
PO Box 246
Richmond, ME 04357
Maine Dept. of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
284 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333
For more information contact Swan Island at (207) 547-5322.