|Contact: Edie Smith, Spokesperson
Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
284 State Street
41 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
Telephone: cell (207) 592-4348
- Maine Warden Service Press Releases
- Maine Wildlife Park Press Releases
- Previous Press Releases for 2011
- Previous Press Releases for 2010
- Previous Press Releases for 2009
- Previous Press Releases for 2008
November 6, 2011
Man Fatally Wounded in Hunting Incident in Sebago
Augusta, Maine - The Maine Warden Service is reporting that Peter Kolofsky, age 46, of Sebago was fatally shot yesterday afternoon (Saturday, November 5) as a result of a hunting incident in Sebago. It has been determined that Mr. Kolofsky was wearing hunter orange. He died at the scene.
The person who shot Mr. Kolofsky is identified as William Briggs, age 61, of Windham.
Both men were deer hunting in Sebago, although they were not hunting in the same parties.
No summonses or charges have been filed at this point, as the investigation continues.