The Wildlife Division frequently conducts surveys of consumptive and non-consumptive users of wildlife resources to estimate use, harvest, effort, and attitudes of users. Survey information is used for the update and implementation of strategic and operational plans. This section contains results of surveys conducted by the Wildlife Division as well as related national surveys.
The files below are posted in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Adobe Reader files require the free Adobe Reader software.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (PDF)
- Wildlife Watching in the U.S.: The Economic Impacts on National and State Economies in 2006 (PDF)
- Wildlife Watching Trends: 1991-2006 A Reference Report (PDF)
- Birding in the United States: A Demographic and Economic Analysis - June 2009 (PDF)
- Turkey Hunting in 2006: An Analysis on Hunter Demographics, Trends, and Economic Impacts (PDF)
- Trends in Fishing and Hunting 1991-2006: A Focus on Fishing and Hunting by Species (PDF)
- Deer Hunting in the United States: Demographics and Trends (PDF)
- Trends in Hunting on Public and Private Land: Analysis Paper Based on 2006 National (PDF)