- July 18, 2014 - Maine Unemployment Rate 5.5 Percent in June
- July 18, 2014 - Nonfarm Payroll Job Estimates, June
- July 18, 2014 - Unemployment and Labor Force Data, June
Publications and Presentations
- May 21, 2014 - Top 50 Employers in Maine, 4th Quarter 2013 (Excel) (PDF) (Interactive)
- May 21, 2014 - Top 25 Employers in Maine by County, 4th Quarter 2013 (Excel) (PDF) (Interactive)
CWRI Blog (view all)
June 9, 2014 - Is Self-Employment Really Declining?
Figures from the U.S. Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey (CPS) indicate the number of self-employed in Maine declined slightly from 2000 to 2012 to about 64,000. Self-employed accounted for about 10 percent of total employment in 2012, well above the U.S. average of just under 7 percent. A decline in such an important source of work should be a concern, but as is so often the case with statistics, there is more to the story than meets the eye.
June 3, 2014 - A Rising Share of Jobs are Held by Women
Women accounted for 50 percent of private wage and salary employment for the first time in 2010 in Maine, before dropping to 48 percent in 2012. Women’s share of private jobs held first reached 50 percent back in 2003, rising to 51 percent in 2012.