Home → For Employers
The Maine Department of Labor Program and Service Guide highlights workforce services offered to Maine employers.
Unemployment Employer Services
- Labor Laws
- Free Labor Posters
- Substance Abuse Testing Policies
- Certified Payroll for Employers Required to Pay Prevailing Wage
- Hiring and accommodating workers with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act (for businesses who contract with federal government)
Training & Consultation
- SafetyWorks!: No-charge, confidential consultations designed to reduce job-related injuries, illnesses and deaths—not OSHA and no fines are assessed.
- Maine Apprenticeship Program: Connects job seekers and workers looking to learn new skills with employers looking for qualified workers; earn while you learn.
- Work Experience Field Training for ASPIRE Participants
- Job Retention/Return to Work Services: Reduce turnover and training costs in cases of disability due to illness or non-occupational injury
- Disability Etiquette/Awareness Training: Training to assist staff in integrating employees with disabilities or serving customers/clients with disabilities
Hiring & Recruiting Employees
- Maine's Job Bank: List your job opportunities at no charge and get matched with job seekers in your area.
- CareerCenters: Use CareerCenters as a hiring resource, including space to recruit, interview and train new hires
- Job Fairs: Meet with hundreds of prospective employees throughout the state.
- Labor Market Information: Data on wages, jobs in demand, employment and industry trends
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC): Get a federal tax credit when you hire workers from targeted groups that have consistently faced significant barriers to employment.
- Help Recruiting and Hiring Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
- Federal Bonding Program